It’s official, I won an award! I have been nominated for my first writing award. Cue celebration music, pop the confetti, pour me a glass of champagne…ok maybe hold off on the confetti (that stuff is really messy).
In case you were wondering the award I have been nominated for is the Leibster Award. It is an honor given by fellow bloggers to new blogs that have been around less than two years and have less than 1,000 subscribers (so I definitely fit the category). It is a great way for the blogging community to encourage one another and give recognition to people who are just starting out on their journey. So, no it is not quite a Noble Peace Prize, but I would still like to give an acceptance speech (I’ve been practicing since I was about 8 years old)…I’d like to thank God, my husband…*interrupted by the commercial music*
I was nominated by three fellow mommy bloggers and to say I was flattered was an understatement. Does this mean people are actually reading what I write? Hooray! Success!
The three mama’s who nominated me are Annie from simplyannieblog, Alexis from mrs.mombie and Allison from somethingcutehappened. If you want to read more inspirational, sometimes down right funny adventures about motherhood you should definitely go check them out! Thanks ladies for the nomination…
Each nominee is given a list of 11 questions they must answer, once finished I will then create my own questions for 5-11 other mommy bloggers. So here it goes (since I was nominated by three different people, with three sets of questions I decided I would pick my favorite ones)…
- What makes you happy? Oh man, so many things make me happy, I consider myself to be a pretty happy person. But if I had to choose my top few things I would say Jesus makes me really happy; knowing Him is the best gift my parents ever gave me. My family makes me happy; my amazing husband, my two kiddos, my three older sisters, my parents and my seven nieces and nephews. Dancing makes me happy, although I don’t get to do it very much any more, but whenever I do it makes me one happy girl. Cookies and milk while watching Project Runway also makes me super happy!!
- What is the focus of your blog? Well, it started out as a fun hobby just writing about my life. I didn’t have a specific plan, I just started to write. Then the more I wrote the more I loved it and realized it was a creative outlet for me. I like to focus on everything from a bad mom day and what I learned from it, to great products I couldn’t live without, to planning a fun birthday party, to a fun outing with the kids. So really life as a mom is the focus of my blog.
- What is your all time favorite blog you’ve ever written? That is a hard one, it is a toss up between “Why I didn’t like my baby” and “Dreaming New Dreams.” Both were heartfelt stories that I felt like a lot of people could relate to and turns out a lot of people did…I had over 1,000 views on “Why I didn’t like my baby” my highest reading ever!!
- What is your favorite way to promote your blog? By far it has got to be on Instagram! I think because it is nothing but pictures and I am a sucker for good photography. I think of it as a photo album that I am leaving behind for my kids some day. I am also on Facebook, but I’m still a newbie here so I am just beginning to pick up steam. Please feel free to follow me on both!:)
- Why did you start your blog? Good question! A friend commented on a picture of mine “you need to start a blog.” and I got to thinking “why not?” “why not me?” I did enjoy writing (although dancing/performing had always been my first creative outlet), but since I didn’t really get a chance to do that anymore I knew I could write when kids were asleep and maybe, just maybe, my stories might help another person. I am a firm believer that sometimes you never know why you went through something until you share it with someone else and it gives them validation that they are not alone. I wanted to share my pain, struggles, laughs and experiences so that at least one person could say “wow, I’m glad I am not the only one.”
- Do you like to cook? If yes, what? I do like to cook, but more than cook I like to bake! My mom was always baking in our home growing up so I think that is probably where I got it. Now that our son is 3.5 he loves to help me bake so it makes it even more fun (and messy). As for cooking I have gotten into the whole Blue Apron thing because it is all your ingredients and recipes sent to you in one box, it doesn’t get much easier than that!
- What is your pet peeve? Umm…it is kinda hard to pick one (I have a tendency to be a little OCD sometimes)…I really hate being late. It might be the dancer in me. I was always taught that being on time was like being late. And now that I have two kids it is almost impossible to make it anywhere on time! I also really hate loose hair, it creeps me out.
- What is your favorite Netflix show to binge watch? We don’t have Netflix and I don’t get much time to watch TV. Honestly, by the time the kids are in bed I sometimes really just like having a quiet house. But, if I do watch a show it might be Project Runway, Ellen, Days of our Lives, Say Yes to the Dress or re-runs of Friends, Sex & the City or even Little House on the Prairie.
- If money were not an issue, what is your dream job/career? Well, if you would have asked me this before kids I would have said Broadway! I graduated from college with my Bachelor of Performing Arts in Dance Performance, so The Great White Way was all I ever dreamed about. But then I met my Prince Charming and he lived in Southern California so my dreams changed. Now my dream job, post marriage and kids, would be to make my blog more successful because I do love writing and sharing my stories with others.
- Are you a stay at home mom? or work outside the home mom? Currently I am a full time stay at home mama. I still substitute every once in a while at the dance studio I used to teach at, but nothing consistent. My mom had always stayed at home with us and I loved knowing that when I got home from school she would be there for me. So I wanted my kids to have that same experience. It is the toughest job out there, but I really don’t think I could have it any other way.
- What is one thing you love about yourself? Oh gosh..Why is that so hard to answer? I think (from what my friends tell me) my honesty. I am always straight forward and share my honest opinion. I think you can find it in my writing, I don’t try to sugar coat things and for the most part I think people appreciate that. Motherhood is tough and I talk about my own struggles, but I also try to give encouragement because it is also an amazing journey that can teach you so much about yourself (and your relationship with Christ).
Thanks for reading! Now I get to nominate some lovely ladies…
Here are your 11 questions:
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What made you start blogging?
- How many kiddos do you have? Ages?
- When the kids go to bed, what is the first thing you like to do?
- Where is your favorite place to go as a family?
- Have you started any cool traditions? or passed on traditions from when you were a kid?
- Favorite show or movie you could watch over and over?
- If you had to pick, would you hire a house cleaning service, a yard maintenance crew, a chef or a personal trainer?
- What is your favorite blog that you have written? Why?
- Salty or Sweet?
- What is one thing you hope your children will learn before they go off into the world?
Have fun ladies! Can’t wait to read your answers!!